Diocesan ECW Outreach Grant Information
ECW Outreach Grants are awarded up to three times per year based on the applications received
The criteria are as follows:
- The focus of all ECW grant applications must be on women’s issues or related family/children needs.
- There must be a documented connection between your outreach ministry and the Episcopal Church.
- Grant awards are designated primarily to provide seed money to support new programs or to grow existing ministries.
- A balance will be maintained in awarding grants across Diocesan convocations whenever possible.
- The grant funds must stay within the Diocese of Texas.
- A Letter of Recommendation from your Priest or Head of Congregation must accompany your application.
- One emailed or mailed
copyof your completed grant application must be received 30 days before a scheduled ECW board meeting listed below. Mailed copies should be sent to Leiselle Sadler, 9594 Doliver Dr., Houston, TX 77063.
Contact Leiselle Sadler ECW Outreach Chair,
If you have any questions regarding the grant criteria prior to submitting your grant request feel free to contact Leiselle at 713.898.2014. Applications are considered at each Diocese of Texas ECW board meeting.
2018 Recipient - Community lunch & necessities pantry
St. John's Episcopal Church in Columbus, TX is a small church whose members prepare and provide lunch for the less fortunate in the community. This includes the main meal, salad, vegetables, bread, dessert and a drink. From 100 to 145 people are fed on the third Friday of each month. Necessities such as toilet paper, diapers, cleaning supplies and paper towels are also provided.
2017 Recipient - Magdalene House, Austin
Lisa Martin and Susan Gezana presented our Outreach Grant check to Beth Magill. The Magdalene House provides a safe healing Community for victims of human trafficking.