The mission of the office is to support the Diocese's vision of growing to be a multicultural and diverse Diocese with multicultural and diverse churches.The goals for the Office of Multicultural MInistry are to bring resources, training and encouragement to congregations and institutions that are planning evangelism and outreach to non-traditional populations. It is also the goal of the office to influence the decision making processes of the Diocese, including budget, communication, congregational development, clergy deployment, leadership training and Christian Formation in order to incorporate insights and strategies that promote non-traditional populations. The Episcopal Church in Texas has thrived on its evangelical identity. We want to share and participate in the transformation of lives through witness to the love of God in Jesus Christ. This is our oldest and deepest value.
Our purpose is to:
- Help congregations become "Multicultural."
- Develop leaders who are competent for a diverse and changing world.
- Increase diversity through skills acquisition and experiential learning that leads to more inclusive environments in our congregations in the Diocese.
- Use a common language of inclusion in the Diocese.
- Annual Kaleidoscope Institute training brought to Texas for four days in November. Bring your key leadership team.
- 1 1/2 day Fertile Ground training: abbreviated form of Kaleidoscope for in-congregation use.