Our is to support the Diocese's vision of growing to be a intercultural and diverse Diocese with intercultural and diverse churches. We bring resources and training, and encouragement to congregations and institutions that are planning evangelism and outreach to all populations.
The Episcopal Church in Texas has thrived on its evangelical identity. We want to share and participate in the transformation of lives through witness to the love of God in Jesus Christ. This is our oldest and deepest value.
Interculturalism is the ministry of the whole church. We invite you to use the resources you’ll find here and to share your own stories and resources.
Our purpose is to:
- Help congregations become Intercultural.
- Develop leaders who are competent for a diverse and changing world.
- Increase diversity through skills acquisition and experiential learning that leads to more inclusive environments in our congregations in the Diocese.
- Use a common language of inclusion in the Diocese.
- Annual Kaleidoscope Institute training brought to Texas for four days in November. Bring your key leadership team.
- 1 1/2 day Fertile Ground training: abbreviated form of Kaleidoscope for in-congregation use.
- Holy Currencies – This workshop will examine how money as a currency of exchange has become the principle valuing system of our life, work and ministry. We will name money as a principality and power that seek to be god and steer us away from the God of truth and grace. In order to recall money to its original calling, to serve and support human community interchange, we will engage participants in dialogue about other kinds of currencies that support the Kingdom of God.