The Trainer's Corner provides access to the most current trainer information and resources. Please print and review the 2017 Trainer Packet before each training session. Each packet contains recommended discussion questions, review materials and other helpful resources to prepare for a successful training.
Don't forget to log into SRS and print the Sign Out Sheet (SOS) before your training. Completed SOSs should be uploaded within 2 Business Days.
If you need help, review: Trainer Tasks & Instructions
Safeguarding God's Children - Resources & Policies
- SGC Discussion Questions - Power Point
- SGC Discussion Questions - Spanish
- SGC Participants Workbook for Congregations
- SGC Participants Workbook for Ministries
- Center for Protection - Education Services
- CyberTipline - Online Child Safety & Resources
- NetSmartz Kids - Internet Safety Everyday
- SGC Policies (Please provide to each Participant)
Safeguarding God's People - Article & Policies
- Faith Trust Institute - Safe and Healthy Faith Communities
- On Faith by Jacqueline L. Salmon, Washington Post Staff Writer
- SGP Exploitation Policies (Please provide to each Participant)
Trainer Kits w. DVD's
If your parish or school needs a new Children or People Kit with DVD's, please order online from Church Pension Group.
Mark Your Calendar August 24, 2017 @ 11am - Trainer Talks
The Safeguarding office will be hosting a quarterly series of Trainer Talks. They're hosted via Go To Meeting and you will be receiving email invitations with instructions so you may join us.
Trainers need to submit a "Trainer Agreement" annually.Trainer Agreement
Master Trainer Honorarium
Safety and protection; these are critical features of our commitment to promoting a culture of physical, emotional and spiritual health and wellness, for our children and all of us who work and volunteer in ministries to children and youth. The EDOT Policies for the Protection of Children and Youth from Abuse provides the structure we need to create and maintain programs and environments which achieve that commitment. These policies are the common language we use to define what safety and protection look like. Our "Trainers Tip" for this month is to begin each training with a review and discussion of the revised 2017 policies.