Sharing Faith Dinners
Sharing Faith Dinner
Thursday, May 14 or 21, 2015
How has your faith impacted your life? Join the Diocese of Texas for an evening of Sharing Faith at small community dinners. This night of listening and sharing can strengthen your community bonds and your faith. Last year, participan
The evening will begin with a simple meal in parishioner homes across the diocese. Each of us has our own personal faith story, and sharing our stories deepens our own faith as well as helps others to recognize how God has worked in their lives.
Download Poster - May 14
Download Pewsheet - May 14
Download Postcard - May 14
Download Poster - May 21
Download Pewsheet - May 21
Download Postcard - May 21
- Coordinate selection of host families and moderators with your local clergy person
- Communicate all information to church members in your congregation
- Register church members who don’t have access to email
- Distribute question cards to host home contacts
Role of Hosts:
- Provide the location (home, church, meeting space)
- Provide a simple meal for up to 15 participants including the host(s) and moderator, be sure that you are accommodating yourself as the host(s), moderator and all guests when you select your guest total on the registration site.
- Invite people to participate at your home
Role of Moderators: Download Complete Moderator Information
- Must participate in a one-hour training prior to the event
- Moderate discussion with questions provided by the diocese
Role of Participants:
- Registration is online. Response will be sent via email. Participants without access to email will work with local Dinner Coordinator to register and receive event communications.
- Contact your host when their information is available to you to make sure their home will be available and to get directions.
- Attend or arrive at dinner dialogue evening on May 15 ready to make new friends and to share with others in the experience of faith in God.