Diocesan Youth Delegates are 10 convocational youth delegates to Diocesan Council
The Diocesan formation ministry is entitled to one lay youth delegate from each convocation.
The Diocesan Youth Delegates serve one calendar year as full voting members at annual council. The delegates meet at Camp Allen for an overnight retreat in January for leadership development and new delegate training. Each student is encouraged to assist the directors of one of the two winter retreats (Intermediate or Jr. High).
If you would like to nominate a student to Diocesan Council or if you are a young person 14-17 years old and would like to apply to be a delegate for Diocesan Council, please read the qualifications below and submit both your application and nomination form.
Qualifications for Applying for DYD
- Applicants must be in high school and between the ages of 14 and 17.
- Applicants must have transportation to and from
- Applicants must be able to attend an orientation and training retreat January at Camp Allen.
- Applicants must be able to attend one of the two winter retreats during the year of service.
- In accordance with Article 2 Section 2.3 of the Constitution and Canons of the Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Texas “All Lay Delegates from the Division of Youth shall be confirmed communicants in good standing of a Parish or Organized Mission of the Diocese in the particular convocation they represent, at least 14 years of age.”
- Each applicant must also have a nomination and an application form.
2019 Diocesan Youth Delegates
Southwest Joy Ani - St. Mark's, Richmond
Central Andrew Batenhorst - St. Andrew's, Bryan
San Jacinto Caleb Carnes - St. Mary's, Cypress
Austin Eva Cornelius - All Saints', Austin
East Harris Kaylan Johnson - St. James', Houston
Northeast Jimmy Tollett - St. Francis', Tyler
West Harris Wilson Ramirez - San Mateo, Houston
Northwest Anna Lee Williams - Christ Church, Temple
Galveston Gia Viggiano - Trinity, Galveston