Diocesan ECW Outreach Grant Information
ECW Outreach Grants are awarded up to three times per year based on the applications received
The criteria are as follows:
- The focus of all ECW grant applications must be on women’s issues or related family/children needs.
- There must be a documented connection between your outreach ministry and the Episcopal Church.
- Grant awards are designated primarily to provide seed money to support new programs or to grow existing ministries.
- A balance will be maintained in awarding grants across Diocesan convocations whenever possible.
- The grant funds must stay within the Diocese of Texas.
- A Letter of Recommendation from your Priest or Head of Congregation must accompany your application.
- Your completed grant application must be received 30 days before a scheduled ECW board meeting.
Scheduled board meetings for 2020 are:
- Please email the completed application to ECW Outreach Coordinator
- Contact the ECW Outreach Coordinator if you have any questions.
2019 Recipient - st thomas the apostle and COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS
St. Thomas the Apostle in Nassau Bay, TX is a church that works with McWhirter Elementary through Communities in Schools. This school in Webster, TX is a large Title I school with approximately 80% of the students on the free lunch program. St Thomas the Apostle provides throughout the year to help support the children and families with school supplies, shoes, holiday meals and other needs, as requested.
Pictured: Fr. Mike Stone (Rector), Vicki Buxton (grant writer), Trish Johnston, Bishop Hector Monterosso.
2018 Recipient - Community lunch & necessities pantry
St. John's Episcopal Church in Columbus, TX is a small church whose members prepare and provide lunch for the less fortunate in the community. This includes the main meal, salad, vegetables, bread, dessert and a drink. From 100 to 145 people are fed on the third Friday of each month. Necessities such as toilet paper, diapers, cleaning supplies and paper towels are also provided.
2017 Recipient - Magdalene House, Austin
Lisa Martin and Susan Gezana presented our Outreach Grant check to Beth Magill. The Magdalene House provides a safe healing Community for victims of human trafficking.