Book by the Bishop of Texas
Under the Category “GROW”
- The Teaching Center Online
- Weekly Resources for Families with Children
- Weekly Resources for Youth
- Sunday Adult Education (new study begins August 23)
- 7:45 a.m. Tuesday - Men's Life
- 5:00 p.m. Tuesday - Becoming Beloved Community
- 10:00 a.m. Wednesday - Mind of Christ Book Study
- 10:30 a.m. Thursday - Hope of Glory
- 11:30 a.m. Thursday - Bible Basics
- 11:30 a.m. Thursday - Getting to Know the Book of Common Prayer
- Knowing the Word Weekday Bible Reading Emails
Sunday Morning Groups for Adults: Unless otherwise noted, all classes are from 10-11 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
- Meditation at 8:30 a.m.
- Wisdom Ways Scripture Discussion for Young Adults
- The Middle Place
- Spiritual Legacy Book Club: Rule of Benedict
- Men’s Bible Study
- Exploring the Prophets: Sunday Morning Bible Study
NEW Upcoming Fall Groups Starting in September: These groups meet throughout the week.
- Introduction to the Enneagram
- Abbey Enneagram Circles
- Medieval Reading Group
- The Art of Stillness
- Writing Your Spiritual Autobiography
- Navigating Difficult Conversations
- EYC Wellness Circle
- Racial Healing through Beloved Community
- Thursday Meditation Group
St. Martin’s, Houston
Books by the Rev. Russ Levenson Jr.
- "Bits of Heaven: A Summer Companion" (Seasonal Meditations)
- "Finding Shelter: An Autumn Companion" (Seasonal Meditations)
ONLINE FORMATION | CHILDREN:
- Edge 3rd-5th graders Wednesdays | 5:00 p.m.
- Children’s Choir Sundays | 9:30 a.m.
ONLINE FORMATION | YOUTH:
- High School EYC Tuesdays | 3:00 p.m.
- The Good Place Viewing Party 8th-9th graders+ Discussion Tuesdays | 6:30 p.m.
- Middle School EYC Wednesdays | 6:30 p.m.
- High School Formation Sundays | 12:00 p.m.
(All are live-streamed via Facebook and YouTube unless otherwise mentioned.):
- “Fire in the Night: An Exploration of the Psalms” Sundays at 10:15 a. m., Starts Sep 13.
- “Hope for the Hungry, Humble & Helpless: The Gospel of Luke” Wednesdays at 10:15 a.m., Starts Sep 9, 2020, and runs through May 2021.
- “Genesis: More Than a Prog Rock Band” Thursdays at 7:30 a.m. via Zoom. Email for the Zoom link.
Children and Family Formation
- “Exodus: God's Deliverance from Egypt” Can be used as Sunday school or during the week. Digital lesson guides are also provided for parents, complete with a structure for worshipping with and teaching children at home, sent via email as well as on social media. Video lessons and crafts are available weekly on our Children's Ministry YouTube channel, and we welcome a wide viewership. Email for more information.
- Monday Bible Study (via Zoom)
- Theology class on Tuesdays (Live-streamed via YouTube with audience interaction by email), though this is on hiatus for a couple of weeks.
- New, weekly podcast on Church History (on iTunes, Spotify and our website)
- Weekly grief group
- EFM (via Zoom)
- Grace Book Club (reading fiction via Zoom)
- Grace Spirituality Book Club (non-fiction books on spirituality via Zoom)
- New comer classes (via Zoom)
- Community of Hope study of Benedict’s Rule (via Zoom)
- Several small group Bible Studies
- Cursillo reunion groups (via Zoom)
- EYC (via Zoom)
Christ Church Cathedral, Houston
Work by the Rev. Becky Zartman
- "Belovedness Finding God (and Self) on Campus"
- "Signs of Life - Why Church Matters" This video series a collaboration between the Brothers of the Society of Saint John the Evangelist and members of the Virginia Theological Seminary community.
Palmer Memorial, Houston
- Adult Christian Formation-available every Sunday from 6 a.m.
- Morning Prayer, Monday - Friday
- Mid-week Bible study with the Rector posted for access on Thursday afternoon
St. Luke the Evangelist, Houston
Work by the Rev. Marcia Sadberry
St. Thomas the Apostle (Nassau Bay), Houston
Book by the Rev. Mike Stone
St. Michael's, Austin
PRAYER | Tuesdays @9:00 am
The Daily Office as found in the Book of Common Prayer.
Led by the Rev. Minerva Camarena Skeith
Zoom Link or Dial by your location: +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
CENTERING PRAYER | Tuesdays @6:30 pm
A method of quiet meditation in order to open oneself to God’s presence.
Led by Phyllis Blees
RECTOR’S BIBLE STUDY: THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES | Tuesdays & Sundays @Noon
What was the early church like? How did Christianity spread? What can we learn about the church’s mission today by studying the acts and actions of Jesus’s first apostles? These are just a few of the questions we will explore over a period of 14 weeks, starting on September 8. Sessions will be recorded and made available on YouTube for those who cannot attend a live one. Click the link for the full syllabus.
Led by the Rev. John Newton Zoom Link
SEEKERS’ BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP | New Time! Sundays @11:45 am
Reads a diverse array of spiritual and theological books. They are reading Divine Dance: The Trinity and Your Transformation, by Richard Rohr and Mike Morrell, through November 2020.
Contact: Phyllis Blees
Zoom Link; Passcode: 541706
WOMEN OF ST. MICHAEL’S VIRTUAL POTLUCK | Alternate Mondays @6:00 pm
Table fellowship with friends—women of all ages are welcome.
Contact: Rebecca Brindley,
MICHAEL’S BOOK GROUP | Fourth Wednesday of each month @2:30 pm
Reads new titles and old from a wide range of genres. October’s title is Blessings, by Anna Quindlen, and November’s title is White Fragility, by Robin DiAngelo.
Contact: Rhoda Silverberg, for each month’s Zoom link.
Book and Bodies of Work from Lay Persons
Work by Christine Havens, St. Michael's, Austin
- Work Reviewed by Heavens: "Anyone Can Preach God's Politics"
- "Cli-Fi: What is it and Why is"
- "Jack: A Reader's Guide"
Work by Cameron Dezen Hammon, St. Mark's, Houston