The summary below is provided for your convenience. It is not intended as a substitute for the policies themselves. See Policies and Help Sheets for details and exceptions.
Safeguarding God's Children (SGC)
Certification through Safeguarding Records System (SRS) required:
- All members of the clergy who are canonically resident or licensed in EDOT who are active in ministry, whether stipendiary or non-stipendiary.
- All employees or volunteer staff members of any diocesan organization, whether or not the volunteer or staff member works around youth or children
- Contracted vendors who routinely work around children or youth
- Adult volunteers who work with or around children or youth (with limited exception for parents of children or youth in the program)
- All persons with general key or code access to locked buildings where children or youth may be present without adequate adult supervision
- SRAs, Safeguarding Coordinators, and Trainers of an organization
- See SGC Section VII for complete information
Safeguarding Youth Helpers
- Youth (age 12 through age 17, or older, if still in high school) who assist in programs for children or youth must be screened and trained as provided in SGC VII.C. Such screening and training is not tracked in SRS. Safeguarding Youth Helpers
Safeguarding God's People (SGP)
Certification through SRS required:
- All members of the clergy who are canonically resident or licensed in EDOT who are active in ministry, whether stipendiary or non-stipendiary
- Program Supervisors (including heads of organizations)
- Lay people canonically licensed for ministry, including Lay Eucharistic Visitors, Lay Worship Leaders, Lay Preachers, etc.
- Lay people who provide counseling, spiritual direction, life coaching, etc.
- Lay people who minister to Vulnerable Adults, as defined in the policies
- Wardens of a congregation
- See SGP Sections I and VII for complete information
Policy Review for Decision-Makers:
- All members of decision-making bodies (including Vestries, Bishop’s Committees, School Boards, and other governing boards must receive a review of SGP policies. See Policy Review Videos and instructions for tracking this requirement.
Safeguarding God's People in the Workplace (SGP-H)
- All employees and volunteers who serve in staff positions in diocesan organizations, including members of the clergy. See Harassment Prevention Training.